ANNOUNCING New Special Feature on SW Site

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Wed Nov 1 21:47:26 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
November 1, 2006

Dear SW List Members!
I am happy to announce a new Special Feature on our SignWriting Web
Site...

SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org

It is a new project:

The SignWriting Literature Project
Writing World Literature in the
Sign Languages of the World
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

This new project description is being used to write grants requesting
funding to pay Deaf authors and skilled signers to write more
literature...

The project will provide jobs for the Deaf Community, for
interpreters, software developers and skilled signwriters. The
published literature will be distributed to schools and libraries. It
also will preserve signed languages and give researchers documents to
study.

So I think it will keep us busy for the next 30 years at least!

I will keep you informed if we get funding!!

Val ;-)

Donate to the SignWriting Literature Project, by clicking on this link:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=sutton%
40signwriting%2eorg&item_name=SignWriting%20Literature%
20Project&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%
2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8