High contrast ((black background and white text)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Nov 20 16:15:47 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
November 20, 2006

Hello Andre and Steve and Stefan!
The old SignWriter DOS program automatically presents SignWriting as
white, on a black background. That is because it was designed for MS-
DOS, which wrote white on a black background.

Stefan Woehrmann in Germany has kindly helped me with a new document
explaining how to get the old SignWriter DOS program to work on
Windows XP...I will try to post that document today.

If you could get SignWriter DOS to work on your Windows XP computer,
Andre, it would give you what you need as far as white symbols on a
black background.

There are two problems though...

1. You will have to install another program called DOS-BOX on your
Windows XP computer, which for me at least, years ago, did not seem
that simple to me....

2. The SignWriter DOS program is an out-of-date program in many ways,
and it would be better if you can use SignPuddle, which is our new up-
to-date program...

May I ask....when you browse the internet, can you change Internet
Explorer or Firefox to give you a black background for normal text?
How do you browse the internet so you can read it?

Val ;-)