SignText Video Instruction in Quicktime

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Oct 15 20:26:42 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
October 15, 2006

Ingvild Roald wrote:
> This is great. No need for any language here - that is a great
> bonus. Thank you!

Wow. I am sooo pleased that Windows XP people are able to view these
videos...thanks for telling me, Ingvild...

The other day I was on a private email with a friend who knows how to
create a sign in SignPuddle very well, but had never tried SignText
before...and the person expressed fear of new software and trying
SignText - we all know the feeling! New software can feel
overwhelming sometimes...

Afterwards I realized that most of the knowledge of how to create a
sign, was already known from the SignPuddle experience, and the
SignText new features are not that hard, if you can just see someone
do it in front of you...

That is why I thought of the video capture software...it is very
useful and language neutral...

I hope to do the whole SignText manual this way now...so we will have
BOTH a PDF version and a video version for SignText instruction...I
hope to have this all done by the time of your workshop in London...

Hope all is going well in Norway!