SignText Video Instruction in Quicktime

Tue Oct 17 01:00:20 UTC 2006

Hi Ron,

The keyboard is very important for SignWriting and will return.
Hopefully there will be another version of  SignWriter someday.
Interestingly enough, Val has already designed a keyboard layout for the
entire IMWA.

In the future, keyboarding will be included in SignPuddle.  It will
probably start with adjusting the placement of symbols and the special
commands like rotate and fill.  Full keyboarding will take some time
because of technical issues and priorities.  It is also a special skill
that few took the time to master.

But just imaging writing a complete SignWriting document with only the
keyboard.  It's fast and natural.  I'm sure Val and Stefan could explain
it better than I.

I can't imagine writing English using the mouse.  The keyboard is so
much more powerful.  But then we'll need training material for touch
typing and SignWriting.  Maybe even an online tool that teaches touch
typing interactively.  So much to do...

Regards,
-Steve