SignText Video Instruction in Quicktime

Cherie Wren cwterp at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 17 12:06:52 UTC 2006

When I first got interested in SignWriting, it was
when the SWDOS program was all that was available.  I
downloaded it, looked at it, and felt so completely
overwhelmed that I gave up.  When I came back, it was
to the SignPuddle, not yet SignText.  It was no longer
overwhelming.  I could SEE what I was doing, whereas
on the SWDOS, I could not.  On that, I saw my regular
keyboard, and had no idea how to make it into a
signwriting keyboard. There was no "Lessons in
Signwriting: book then either...

It does feel slow, but thats because I'm still not
always certain exactly what I'm doing.  I really need
to try to write a little everyday to build up
confidence and speed...  I go into the layers with
rotations because I need to see what my options are
and pick just the right one.  I don't always know
--without seeing choices--  which symbol I need.  I
also sign while I'm writing--  still "sounding out"
(Feeling out? :-) what I'm doing, which makes my
coworker who shares the office laugh at me...
::grin::

cherie