UK Deaf leader argues for video technology

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 20 00:32:28 UTC 2006

Interestingly enough, if he wants "Deaf people" to be using it he only needs to look at FENEIS, the National Association of the Deaf of Brazil, who whole-heartedly support it.  It is being taught in at least a dozen schools in Brazil that I am aware of.  I am going to Florianopolis in December for an International Linguistics conference sponsored by Gallaudet college, and as Sign Writing is used for much of the linguistic studies in Brasil it will certainly be in evidence everywhere there.

  The U.S. is slow, that's all.

  Charles Butler, Sign Writer since 1978, part of SignNet Project in Brazil, Catholic University of Pelotas, Rio Grande de Sul, Brazil.

Stuart Thiessen <sw at passitonservices.org> wrote:
  I am in Des Moines, Iowa, right in the middle of the US. ;-) When I
moved from Virginia to Kansas, they told me to say hi to Dorothy. Funny
thing .... my neighbor was Dorothy. So, I said hi! ( ;-D ) Then I
lived in Nebraska. Now in Iowa. So, I'm more of a Midwesterner. :)

Stuart