integrating SW in school curriculum???

Sat Oct 21 17:12:56 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
October 21, 2006

James Shepard-Kegl, Esq. wrote:
> It is too early for anything besides anecdotal, I suppose.  I
> dunno ...just musing at a possible opportunity.

It is a wonderful opportunity, James!

perhaps the local school would want to apply to join the SW Literacy
Project to receive some free materials in SW?....the materials are in
ASL...they can be placed in the school library or given to parents
and students or the teachers can receive them to use in their
classrooms....

Teacher's Forum
http://www.signwriting.org/forums/teachers/teachers.html

Meanwhile, if you could interview your Nicaraguan daughter as to how
she feels about the SignWriting texts, and also a few other people,
we could put all the anecdotal responses on the web for researchers
to consider for a real research project...