Tini...SignText...sending email

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Oct 29 17:01:07 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
October 29, 2006

Tini Pel wrote:
> I have written several sentences on sign text.  It is really fun
> making them. I did sent them to the list. They do not bounce but
> they do not appear in my "sent" file . somehow they disappear, what
> am I doing wrong? All my other correspondence is working well, so I
> am assuming that it is not the computer but something wrong in
> sending these particular messages

Hello Tini!
We will figure it out. Thanks for this question ;-)

1. Regarding looking in your Sent Folder...

SignText messages will never appear in your Sent Folder of other
software...there is no Sent Folder for SignText ;-)

Let us imagine you use Outlook Express, or Eudora, or the Apple Mail
program, to send your normal email. When you create an email in those
programs and send it, then the sent message ends up in the Sent
folder while you are in that email software. But that is only for
messages that are composed and sent from that specific software.

But SignText is a separate mail program. And there is no place called
Sent Messages in SignText. But there is a message at the top of the
screen, when you send it, that says: Your email has been sent! That
is the only way to know if it was sent of not...

2. Regarding disappearing messages...

I suspect you did not fill in the complete email address in both the
To and From area in SignText email. You cannot use any shortcuts that
you might use in another email program...you have to use the complete
email address for the SignWriting List in the To section, and your
complete email address in the From section...no nicknames or
shortcuts...

Can you try it again knowing this and see what happens? smile...

Hope it works for you this time!