french Switzerland and SignWriting

Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 19 08:44:22 UTC 2006

Anny,

we at the ESWO are very delighted to hear about the popularity of SW
in Switzerland.

Was talking to a deaf leader in England about that system - he said
that its no good - what with the development in video technology i.e.
video messages etc - so why the signwriting etc?

I said having videomessages etc will not improve kids' literacy in
BSL/NISL but having SW will do.

beside, technology isnt good at keeping stuff - SW can be printed on
any paper and that they ll be still there 500 years away :-)

Shane