SW Video Captions Receptive Expressive

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Mon Apr 16 01:06:09 UTC 2007

There is one other possible use of SW captioning on a sign language
video, and that is to caption it in another sign language! :) For
example, a ASL video could be subtitled in German Sign Language. :)

Also, Philip and I are working on a video project where we used
ChromaKey, and we played around with a moving background that served as
background information that visually reinforced the setting of the
signing on the video. What was very, very interesting to us was that
the hearing who viewed our test video said that the moving background
was too distracting, but the Deaf who viewed the video loved having the
background as it helped them visualize the information better. :)  Very
interesting.

Thanks,

Stuart