Website written in ASL

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Apr 16 21:11:19 UTC 2007

Hi Charles -
Actually, Adam's site is not finished yet...so this is really my
fault...I asked if I could show it to people anyway, before it was
finished...because I am just so excited about it...

I think that style of web site is a brave new way of setting up web
sites in ASL...what do you think of the idea of having video hidden
under each sign like that?

I don't even know how to do that kind of a web site, so it is the
technology and the web design issues that are the hard part...

that is actually why I wanted to share it with people, to show the
potential of future web sites, where whole SignWriting documents
could be setup that way...

if there was a sign in SignWriting a reader couldn't read, they could
pass their mouse over it to see the video of the sign, and then
continue to read the SignWriting...

so it has a lot of potential for education...

I am just amazed at the size of the tiny videos over the smaller
signs...that is really terrific, Adam!

Val ;-)