Wikipedia American Sign Language

Pharos pharosofalexandria at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 21 03:18:49 UTC 2007

Val, it's great to see your progress on this.  I wish I could help but
unfortunately I'm ignorant of both ASL and Signwriting.  But I might
be able to point you to some good ideas for translation.

Wikipedia's best articles are called "featured articles":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_articles

You might pick one of these to translate, or at least to translate a
portion of an article.  A good start would be to translate just the
introductory section, which is supposed to be a neat summary of the
whole article.  It might be a good idea to pick an article that
doesn't use too many specialized terms, and that isn't likely to be
controversial.