Sleeping Beauty

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Apr 23 14:49:19 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 23, 2007

Thanks for the documents! Just like you, I need to wait to next
weekend to read more...but you are making fast progress!

One quick thought regarding writing the anchoring of a handshape held
in space...

I have always tried to place the Tension Symbol (that marks the
anchoring of the hand in space) under the handshape rather than above
it.

In some cases, later in the writing, the other hand might contact
that hand that is anchored in space, so the Tension Symbol can remain
stable underneath without getting in the way...

Plus the Tension Symbol is like an anchor, holding that hand, so it
feels better underneath I think...

Not sure about exceptions to the rule... but I bet we will find some
later...;-)

See attached...