SignPuddle Online Directory Page

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Thu Apr 26 16:13:36 UTC 2007

Valerie, about the many books in a row, it caused me to wonder (in a
general sense) if there could be a symbol that could be used to
indicate that this sign (whatever it is) is repeated. This approach
is often used in glossing. If I were glossing this, I might say BOOK++
+ to indicate signing book multiple times. Of course, glossing can't
handle the "in a row".

But if that would make sense, (and if the rest of you agree with this
idea :), if there are space constraints or if we find it to be
generally useful, that symbol can help us communicate the duplication
of a sign without having to write the sign itself extra times. That
symbol could be placed near movement symbols if we need to record
that the books were opening in a row or something.

Just a thought.

Stuart