Repeated movement

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Apr 27 00:44:50 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 26, 2007

In DanceWriting and MovementWriting, we do have a way to repeat a
whole chunk of movement...

Imagine if you were dancing to rhythm counts, and you wanted to
repeat the exact same phrase two times...like:

1 & 2 &

then again

1 & 2 &

that is a lot of movement to have to re-write, and if it is an exact
repeat, then we have a way to repeat the whole previous phrase, based
on notation that is used in the music world...a large dot, a
horizontal line, and a large dot...this Repeat Phrase symbol is
placed under the counts...like this:

1 & 2 &