Shurley 4

Cherie Wren cwterp at YAHOO.COM
Sat Apr 28 14:51:30 UTC 2007

I always have troubles with the rotations...  that is my signing, not a transcription.  The two 'baby x's facing each other, then the right hand twists down twice and the left hand twists up twice while the palms continue to face each other--  best way I can describe it in words.  Here is a clip.

----- Original Message ----
From: "adam at frostvillage.com" <adam at frostvillage.com>
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 1:05:09 AM
Subject: RE: [sw-l] Shurley 4

RE: [sw-l] Shurley 4

Cherie,

I was just reading your jingle. Very interesting. :-) Very well written too. They only sign  that I had a problem with was (I am guessing) modify. The way that it was written is the same movement that would be for a vertical "dead" or "opening the right door while closing the left door." I took me a few tries of signing it to see what you were saying. I think that the movement for modify (at least the way I sign it) is the same as signing class except the left hand goes the opposite way. I don't know if I am right in my movement writing, but I was thinking that the movement was better written this way. But if you are transcribing and the person signed it the way I mentioned before, then keep it. :-)

Adam

PS I'll try to get a clip of my signing the two movements as a picture is worth a thousand words.

Load message into SignText
Courtesy of SignBank.org
337e55242c3367ad66f00b5c9bd745bb = 337e55242c3367ad66f00b5c9bd745bb