AW: [sw-l] Shurley 4

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Apr 30 13:55:57 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 30, 2007

CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:
> I changed it, but thats why rotations mess with my head so badly, I
> think.  As I watch my hands sign that, I see the same motion as the
> sign for DEAD or one door open, one closes.  The hands are just
> closer together, so they move around each other as they twist...
> Is the difference in the position of the forearm?

I want you to know that I plan to teach Rotations again, here on the
List and also on the web. I have noticed several other writers also
find the Rotation symbols difficult...you are not alone, Cherie...

In fact, when I look at all the documents posted on the web, written
by different authors, it is an excellent way to see where
misunderstandings in the symbols are more common for people...

And Rotation symbols seem to be at the top of the list...

So I hope I can help...I cannot promise exactly when this will
happen...but as soon as I can...

Thanks for your documents, Cherie...and for your video clips ;-))