SignPuddle 1.5 Reference Manual

Wed Apr 4 14:13:49 UTC 2007

Hi Charles,

The TEXT field is one of my favorite features because you can use
Markdown instead of plan text.
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/basics

"Markdown is a text-to-HTML conversion tool for web writers. Markdown
allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text
format, then convert it to structurally valid XHTML (or HTML)."

Take a look at the example i put in the Libras puddle.
http://signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/canvas.php?ui=1&sgn=46&sid=242

Glad you like the multiple terms.  Very useful.

As for synonym signs, I'm still pondering what to do.  There are 3
different types of signs that I need to cross reference.  The first is
the same exact sign with a different spelling; such as more detailed
versus less: a variant.  The second type is almost the exact same sign:
a variation.  The last is a sign that has the same meaning but a
different manual representation: a synonym.  Still pondering how to
represent this with the data and how the user interface should work.

BTW, you shouldn't be able to edit or delete any signs without logging
in as an editors.  This is a problem with security on SignBank's server
that I need to fix.  When I fix it you will only be able to edit new
signs that you create.  If you register, I'll bump up your security to
an editor's level so you can continue your work.

Regards,
-Steve