Stefans TrueType Fonts for SignWriting

Fri Apr 6 22:23:28 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 6, 2007

It is a lovely card, isn't it? (see attached file below...scroll down)

Stefan, it would be great to hear from you, to tell us how you
created this beautiful card!

 From what Stefan told me, if I remember correctly, I believe he
takes the photos of the flowers from his own garden, with a digital
camera. And then the SignWriting itself is written with Stefan's own-
design of TrueType fonts for SignWriting, called the Woehrmann Fonts.
You install them in your operating system as True Type, and then use
specific symbols from the keyboard in a graphics program to then
capture the perfect vector graphics of the circles etc...

A long time ago, Stefan sent me his True Type fonts, which is most
generous (thank you, Stefan!), but because I am on a Mac most of the
time, I could not install the fonts at that time, but maybe now that
i also own a PC laptop, I can do that now...I look forward to that...

So Stefan, want to tell us about your True Type fonts? How do you go
about designing them, and writing signs with them?

Val ;-)