Kegl family needs our help...

Fri Aug 10 20:54:13 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
August 10, 2007

Dear SW Listers!
As you know, the Kegls have established schools for Deaf children in
Nicaragua, and James has written volumes of SignWriting Literature in
Nicaraguan Sign Language. In fact, I have a new story to post that is
so beautiful, which James sent to me recently, so the list of
Nicaraguan documents is growing...

But on a personal note, a few days ago, I received a telephone call
from James telling me that his son fell from a balcony while on a
trip to Italy, and his spinal chord is severed or broken. It is
serious, and they now are trying to pay for the large cost of
operations, and transporting him back to a hospital in Boston.

I just received this message from a co-worker of theirs, and I
promised to post this message...

Our prayers go out to the Kegls and to Marlon...we are thinking of you!

See below...Val ;-)

------------

From: "Romy Spitz" <romyspitz at hotmail.com>
Date: August 10, 2007 1:00:00 PM PDT
To: Sutton at SignWriting.org
Subject: Donations to the Shepard Kegl Fund

Dear Valerie,

We've met a few times, the latest was in San Diego.  Meryl Troop and
I have set up an account for James and Judy in light of Marlon's
accident.  We are asking all of James andJudy's friends to distribute
this information as far and wide as possible so that all can
contribute.  So please read the following, post on signwriting.org
and send to anyone you feel would want to know.  Please ask any deaf
SW members we have to put it into signwriting in various signed
languages or Vblog form so that all have access regardless of English
reading ability.  Our hearts and prayers are with the SK's as I  am
sure, are yours.

Romy Spitz

-----

Friends, Family, Neighbors, Colleagues, Classmates, Interpreters,
Linguists and Lawyers:

Perhaps you have already heard that Marlon Shepard-Kegl, son of James
and Judy Shepard-Kegl, incurred a spinal cord injury from a fall from
a balcony while on a school trip in Italy.

An account has been established to collect donations to the Shepard-
Kegl family to help defray some of the astronomical costs involved in
caring for Marlon and transporting him back to the US.

If you wish to make a donation, please make check payable to Shepard-
Kegl Fund, account number 1031208, and mail to:

Five County Credit Union
19 Commercial St.
Portland ME 04101

Donations can also be made through PayPal:

www.paypal.com
Click on Send Money
In the box on the right enter
TO:   207-557-0232
Click services/other
Your email address and the amount you wish to donate.

Marlon is making steady progress.  Please all keep fingers crossed
and wishes and prayers flowing their way - you can express those
thoughts and see updates on his recovery via the website
www.carepages.com .  Sign in with your email address and create a
password.  Then enter the name of the page you wish to visit:
marlonshepardkegl.

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help