i'm back :)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 22 00:59:46 UTC 2007

On Aug 21, 2007, at 4:22 PM, Adam P Valerius DSC wrote:
> I am NOT worried about what I said 2 years ago. It just gave me a
> few painful flashbacks when I read the results on Google last
> September (2006). Of course it keeps track of every word of every
> post. I know that. It is great to have a history of SW development.
> I wish you the best of luck in inventing written forms of all the
> signed languages in the world.
> Later,
> Adam P. Valerius, DSC

Thank you, Adam!

And I can imagine you have had a hard time in the past, and I am glad
to know that your health is doing better now (at least I hope it
is)...I enjoyed our conversations back in 2005...

Are you still using tactile signing? Recently we have had the good
fortune of working with a member of the Deaf-Blind Community from
Quebec, Canada. Andre is a researcher who is writing Quebec signs in
the Quebec SignPuddle...

Quebec SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index1.html#sgn-CA-fr

....and from a software development point of view, we found out that
the Mac has more features for Blind users than Windows XP does...

In fact, I understand that when the next Mac OS X operating system,
called Leopard, is released in October, I understand the operating
system will be accessible in Braille for the blind...very cool!!

So there are lots of new technologies now that may be of use to you...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help