Mac supports voice-to-Braille

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 22 17:39:05 UTC 2007

Hello Adam!
It is my understanding that any Mac will support Voice-to-Braille, if
they run the new Leopard operating system coming out in October...Not
all Macs are expensive any longer...one is $600...called the Mac Mini
that hooks to other monitors..so for $600 a person can have text read
outloud, and that reading becomes Braille...

"Mac OS X Built for Braille....
VoiceOver in Leopard supports a variety of refreshable Braille
displays and note-takers. Leopard dynamically translates VoiceOver
output into standard, Grade 2 contracted Braille, so you can attach
any supported device and start using it right away."

Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help