Writing Number 16 in ASL

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Wed Aug 22 18:24:08 UTC 2007

Well, it is the 10 hand ... in concept ...  but when I actually
produce the sign, the thumb of the 10 hand actually rests on the hand
instead of being fully extended. In other words, the formal way to
teach is 10+6, but in actual production (at least for me), the thumb
of the 10 hand is not fully extended.  Does that make sense?

Stuart