Quebec Sign for FRERE

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Aug 17 19:22:26 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
August 17, 2007

On Aug 17, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Gagnon et Thibeault wrote:
> I would like to know that do I follow rules for symbols?  You will
> find the link below.  You will look at the sign"frère" (brother).
> http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/canvas.php?ui=10&sgn=47&sid=50

Hello Andre!
Glad to see your computer is working for you! Did you get Firefox to
work for you?

The sign for Frère is well written...there is just one thing...To
write the Position of Contact, you need to show the hands closer
together. I added the way I would write it in your SignPuddle, so
when you search for Frère, scroll down to see my version...

Here is a screen capture of our two writings.... Following the
"Position of Contact" spelling rule, the handshapes should be written
closer to each other, to help the reader see how it looks in real
life...the Contact Star can be placed close to the hands, or at the
end of the arrowhead, either way, but the hands need to be placed
closer to each other...

See attached screen capture...mine is the second one...