i'm back :)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Aug 21 01:07:50 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
August 20, 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 5:19 PM, Adam P Valerius DSC wrote:
> I'm glad to be here. I'll mostly just read others' posts. I won't
> have much to say. I like your idea of trying to create written
> forms of signed languages. Your approach appears to be very
> different than what anyone else has ever tried in all history of
> signed languages.
>
> I just got your email informing me of the hard drive failure & I
> thought, "I'll just think about re-joining this list...I said some
> pretty off-the-wall comments 2 years ago that I found on the list
> archives via Google one night in 2006." But then a couple days
> later, I thought, "Well what the heck...I could really have fun &
> meet some fun people if I go ahead & join this list again." So I
> joined after all.

That's great Adam...
Our Archives do keep a record of what everyone posts, off the wall or
on the wall - ;-))

And we all have this experience on the internet...years later we can
read what we wrote years before...a strange experience for all of
us...but great to have an historic record of SignWriting
development...so for us, it has been a dream come true to have
automatic archives...

Don't worry about what you said years ago...we are all so busy that
the chances of us remembering are slight...our List was very busy
before the crash in July, so it will pick up again I am sure, as more
members re-sign up...

Welcome once again -

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help