Sign Writting

Wed Dec 5 18:19:51 UTC 2007

> I hope you can help me.
> I am looking for a translator that I can type an
> english sentence and have it provide the signwritting
> translation with words under each sign.
>
> any suggestions

--------

Yes of course.

Go to:

SignPuddle Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

Click on the flag of the country sign language you want to use...

One caution...only some countries have large dictionaries to
translate from, so if you choose some countries with nothing in their
dictionaries yet, that would not help you much!

So if you choose the US or Flanders or French-Swiss or Germany for
example, then you have something to translate from...

Once the dictionary for your country is open, click on the Translate
Button on the side of the screen...

Type the words you want to translate and push the Translate Button...

but you are not done yet...

scroll down and choose the variations of possible signs for each
word...there are many signs that can mean the same word, as with all
languages...so if you know sign language you can choose the best
signs for the words you are trying to translate...

Then press the Update button and your sentence will be written in
SignWriting...

There is also video instruction if you wish to watch how to do this:

Go to:
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/help/SignPuddle15VideoUS/

and click on Video 12

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu