Val - Deaf Europe & MS Office 2008

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Dec 11 04:05:19 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
December 10, 2007

Hello Shane and everyone -

I had all these plans today to get to work and accomplish a whole
bunch of things, only to find I am still recovering from our family
celebrations...I am just finishing washing all the dishes from two
days ago!

So tomorrow is another day ;-)

Thank you, Shane, for all that you are doing to write about Deaf
people in Europe! That is an exciting project...

And thank you for a chapter about SignWriting in Europe...be sure to
mention the First European SignWriting Symposium in Brussels in 2005,
and the ESWO workshops around Europe... grin...of course I know you
will mention those events....

Symposium 2005
http://www.signwriting.org/europe/esws2005/

and by the way...I will be happy to create a web page for the ESWO
now on our SignWriting web site...I hope to do that soon...the old
page has expired and Ingvild and I discussed that recently...

Regarding Microsoft Office 2008...It is for the Mac and yes, it will
be released in January....

in the Apple Stores here in the US they have an offer that if you buy
an earlier version of Microsoft Office for the Mac, then for the cost
of the postage only...which is around $6.00...they will send you the
2008 upgrade to your doorstep at the end of January when it is
released...so I have my order in the mail!

Everyone on this List is equally amazing...Thanks for sticking by us...

And by the way, there is renewed interest in the UK for writing
BSL...There is a group called the World Language Documentation
Center, that is virtual and on the internet, but several of their
members are from Wales and other parts of the UK...and they would
like to encourage more writing of BSL in SignWriting, but we need to
find some interested Deaf people to start doing some writing...

If you meet anyone interested, point them to me and maybe we can link
everyone together -

Thanks for writing, Shane -

Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu