First Draft of the Binary SignWriting proposal for 2008

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sun Dec 2 18:20:51 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
December 2, 2007

Steve Slevinski wrote:
> I've created my first rough draft proposal for Binary SignWriting.
> This is the theory behind Unicode, SignWriting, SignMaker, and
> SignText.  There is a simple logic that makes it fast and small.
> I'd welcome any comments or questions.  I'm working on concrete
> numbers for the ISWA 2008.  This will be the official symbol set
> and SSS numbering for 2008.  Once the ISWA is official in January
> 2008, I'll publish the official base symbol encoding data.   Guides
> will be available for the BSE and BSW file formats.  All
> information on SignPuddle.net is under the Creative Commons
> Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 license. These standards will be set for
> the entire year of 2008.  During that time, we'll review the
> standards for a possible update in 2009. Thanks for you review, Steve

Hi Steve -

Wow. This is exciting. Thank you for your hard work. I look forward
to reading it...

It makes my work on the ISWA 2008 even more vital...so this is
encouraging me to finish the new symbols added to the ISWA...which i
am working on now...Target date for the completed ISWA is end of
December 2007...for release in 2008...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help