Curious for your opinion...

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 12 19:15:25 UTC 2007

I haven't had a chance to look at the videos because I am at work at the moment.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <signwriting at mac.com>

Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:10:47
To:"SignWriting List" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Curious for your opinion...

SignWriting List
December 12, 2007

Gerard -
It doesn't matter what Jake's opinion is about SignWriting!
Obviously, if he has never heard of it, or does not know it, then his
opinion can only be that of a person who does not know it yet...but
when he learns SignWriting later...then his opinion will have
importance...

I have never met Jake, but I look forward to meeting him soon!

My question is to the ASL users...if the course Jake teaches is good
ASL, and is a helpful course to people without SignWriting, then it
will be a wonderful tool for us to write it in SignWriting, which
will then be an added help to Jake's students...

People in the Sign Language worlds do not realize there is a way to
write their language yet, and this would be a good way to collaborate
with Jake, with his permission of course, to spread the idea that
there is a way to write the language now...

But first I want the opinion of the ASL signwriters as to whether
this course would be a good one to work with...

There are several courses in ASL that only use video, and we could
contact any one f them and ask permission to write those courses in
SignWriting, giving an added support for ASL students...

So I am just curious about opinions on the ASL course and should we
contact Jake about adding some SignWriting?

All people, when they first hear about SignWriting, are surprised,
but once they learn it I have never met a person who is against
it...the only people who are against it, are those who do not know it...

Val ;-)