question about movement

Chris Cox chris.cox at GEOLANG.COM
Thu Dec 13 21:02:33 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

I do hope to be coming to this list for heaps of assistance in the near
future as it will mean that our WLDC SW Project - UK Application plans are
beginning to lift off - but just watching the traffic on the list for only a
week or so together with the wealth of information of this world already
supplied to us by Val, I am left simply amazed.

Best regards

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Valerie Sutton [mailto:signwriting at mac.com]
Sent: 13 December 2007 15:22
To: SignWriting List
Subject: Re: [sw-l] question about movement

SignWriting List
December 13, 2007

Honza wrote:
> I need arrow for movement down and backward....

Hello Honza!
Here is the symbol for movement down & back.... (see attached diagram).

1. The Horizontal Line on the curved down arrow means down and
forward...the horizontal line means the hand hits the horizon...
2. The dot on the curved down arrow means down and back... the dot
means the hand moves towards the chest and down...

Since the movement is down, it is a double-stemmed arrow...the
backward part is marked by the dark dot on the double-stem curve:

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help