NO, that did not work..

Fri Dec 14 17:08:25 UTC 2007

Hi Charles,

I'm unclear of a few things, so let's start with the basics.

The IMWA is the current symbol set that we use for SignPuddle.  The
symbols are black, white and transparent.  Some of the handshapes have
white palms.  Some of the handshapes have transparent palms.  In the
future all handshapes will have white palms. I will update SignPuddle to
the ISWA in January 2008.

When I store signs in SignPuddle, I'm recording the build string.  I am
not creating an image file.

When I display a sign: I read in the build string, combine the symbols,
and create an image.  I'm using these sign images on some of the buttons
for the UI.  The buttons looks nicer when the signs have a transparent
background.  Since it was easier, I defaulted all signs to be displayed
transparent.

I'm not sure of all of your complaints, but the easiest solution would
be to default the signs to display with a white background rather than
transparent.  This would not affect the white palms or how handshapes
look when overlapped.  This would simply make sure the background was
white when copied from a browser.  I would need to update some of the
internals so that the buttons used transparent signs.

A possible solution would be to allow the customize screen to apply to
all signs.  A user would open the customize sign window.  Select how
they want the signs to look.  They could click an "Apply to All Signs"
button.  Then all signs would appear with  the customized attributes.
This would not change how the signs are stored in SignPuddle.  This
would only affect how individual users see the signs.

Regards,
-Steve

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help