General Arrowhead...Both hands move on same path...

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Feb 14 16:36:29 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
February 14, 2007

The General Arrowhead
WHEN TWO MOVEMENT PATHS WRITE ON TOP OF EACH OTHER (BLEND)

The Movement Path of the right hand, writes on top of the Movement
Path of the left hand, creating a blend of the two arrows. This
creates a General Arrowhead. The blended arrow is neither right nor
left...it is both.

Imagine placing your right hand in a can of black paint. It is now
dripping with black paint.

Imagine placing your left hand in a can of white paint. It is not
dripping with white paint.

Your two hands move in space. As they move, they paint Movement Paths
in space. The left hand paints white Movement Paths. The right hand
paints black Movement Paths.

But what happens when the Right Movement Path paints on top of the
Left Movement Path?

In those cases, you write a General Arrowhead.

The General Arrowhead never meant Parallel Paths. It always meant
Blended Paths. There is a difference.

I can show you examples later today....Unfortunately I have to go to
an appointment again and must run!

Talk to you all later -