General Arrowhead...Both hands move on same path...

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Feb 18 19:33:18 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
February 18, 2007

On Feb 18, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Adam Frost wrote:
> Now that I understand the difference between Overlapping and
> Parallel paths, the writing for continue doesn't seem redundant
> especially from a reader's point of view. But I also agree that
> from a quick writing (handwriting and/or shortwriting) it might be
> a little to much to write for Parallel Paths. Then again, it
> depends on what the goal is. ;-)

Yes...in the Shorthand we don't write any arrowheads at all!

And in the Handwriting you are correct that the General Arrowhead can
be used more for personal use...

But in SignWriting Printing, for publishing literature, like
storytelling, I think keeping the General Arrowhead defined as
Overlapping Paths has great informational value...

Thanks for you input on this Adam!

I look forward to talking about Parallel Paths at a later date!