second czech workshop

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Feb 20 21:39:20 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
February 20, 2007

Hello Honza, and everyone in the Czech Republic!

CONGRATULATIONS!

And thank you for writing this report. I have been so busy lately
that I actually did not realize when this second workshop was taking
place...Thank you for telling us. I am really impressed...

As you know, Steve is working on a new version of SignPuddle, version
1.5, and I am working on SignBank 8.5. We hope to have both programs
ready in March, 2007. That is just a few weeks away...

So that is what has distracted me ;-)

Although I will be working "behind the scenes" for the next few
weeks, please keep posting your reports and pictures and ask any
questions needed...We are here for you no matter what...and later I
will post your information on our web sites...

By the way, I think you will be very happy with the new SignPuddle
1.5, which can type in the Czech spoken language too, and you can
create your own icons in Czech signs and Czech words...so it will
help the teachers in the Czech Republic, because their students will
be able to have a software interface completely in your native
languages...and in SignBank 8.5, we have linguistic fields that can
be used for linguistic research...

Thanks once again, Honza, for informing us, and please send my
regards to your co-workers for me...

I hope others on the List will also post reports on their SignWriting
work too. When you post reports to the List, it records our history,
since the messages are stored in our SignWriting List Archives:

SignWriting List Archives