Goldilocks Level 2 in German!

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Jan 14 01:05:57 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
January 13, 2007

On Jan 13, 2007, at 4:24 PM, Paul wrote:
> Is it possible that one can take 'goldilocks' (or other signwriting-
> child-literature) and translate it in other languages? The reason i
> ask this is, in Luxembourg deaf-children are learning German
> language in School (with signed German - but not German Sign-
> language) But at Home we always try to 'speak' to him in DGS
> (Deutsche Gebärdensprache), so learning him signwriting from a Book
> who uses ASL, i think he will get not much benefit of this, so
> maybe i can try to do this book(s) in DGS? To what must one pay
> attention for that the book will really be "Level 1" ?

Hello Paul and Stefan!
I am soooo impressed with your son's homework!!

...and his father's too...smile....

Stefan has Goldilocks Level 2 on his web site already! It is the
storybook, not the workbook. It starts here:

http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/documents/goldilocks%20level%202/
goldi_level2_002.htm

Plus, you are welcome to translate any of our books into any Sign
Language and spoken language you wish to...then if you send the
translation to me in PDF format, I will post it for you on the SW
site...

Perhaps Stefan has already translated the Level 1 Workbook into German?

Stefan has a great deal on his web site...

Stefan's web site in German
http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de