SignWriting Article

Sergio Ribeiro escritadesinais at YAHOO.COM.BR
Fri Jan 26 16:33:57 UTC 2007

Hello friends,

I am writing article about signwriting use in deaf class, this article
will be to the new Magazine. But here in Brazil many peoples, teacher
and linguistics, disagree if writing sign languages is really important
or necessary, because today we have another medias like DVD, CD-ROM,
etc, using video format. What you think about and Deaf members of DAC
have what point of view ?
I want to write this more specific is possible !
My article title is "SignWriting - Why not ?". I will explain about sign
language history, Stokoe studies and notation, person of the pass that
say about sign writing possible like Itard, Bebian and Alexander Graham
Bell. But most important point is using sign language at moment, now.
Who are using ? Is signwriting great toll for teaching deaf in new
approach, bilingual approach ?
I will be many thankful to see your opinion !

Thanks,

Sergio Ribeiro
Centro Educacional Cultura Surda
 <http://www.culturasurda.com.br/> www.culturasurda.com.br