Rewriting Title of Cat in the Hat

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jul 3 19:14:50 UTC 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 12:05 PM, CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:
> Fingerspelling of a title is Gramatically correct ASL.  The signing
> of it, 'Cat with a wide-brimmed tall hat' is more along the lines
> of assigning a name-sign.  The facial expressions in the title
> section aren't really grammatically necessary.  While I describe
> the hat, I do have something that isn't a smile, but isn't a flat-
> line mouth either--  I'm not sure which symbol I would use to write
> it.

Hi Cherie!

OK. That is fine about the fingerspelling...whatever is correct...;-))

Here is a screen capture of the old title we did...this is from the
SignBank Document Maker...you can see I made it in color because I
was preparing the document for the Dr. Seuss Foundation request...and
of course it is not based on the video...but it shows the sign for
QUOTE in the front of the title...and it includes the fingerspelling ;-)

I will try to write those facial expressions myself later today...I
need to go to the post office to ship something important and then I
will be back at my desk ;-))

Thanks for this wonderful work...