Vals report...ISWA, SW Literature, Skype, videophones

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Tue Jul 3 20:43:40 UTC 2007

Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> June 26, 2007
>
> On Jun 25, 2007, at 8:05 PM, Jonathan wrote:
>> Fixing up the palms was on my to do list too.  But you got it
>> first!!!! Will you replace them in the current IMWA or wait until the
>> ISWA is released?  That had to have been a lot of work!!!
>
> Wow! I had no idea you were planning to do that busy work for
> us...that was a kind thought on your part, Jonathan....thank you for
> that gift of the heart ;-)
>
> I am glad I got it finished for your sake! It was a huge job and I
> worked non-stop on it for all of June basically...that was why I was
> so silent on the List for a long time ;-)
>
> I am glad I did that job because some of the symbols needed to be
> cleaned up...some of the symbols had been whitened one way, and then
> others had been done another way, and they were not consistent...so at
> least I was able to finish the job and clean up the mess so now they
> are all consistent in the method used...

I am sure you did much better than I ever could've too.  Glad you
finished as I am sure you must be too so you can continue with other
important aspects of SignWriting like creating new hand shapes.
> So your time can now be better spent on more important things, like
> writing your Golden Rule document...I am sorry I have not given you
> feedback on that and i will try to do that in the future...
Looking forward to that.

> smile
>
> As far as installing the newly whitened symbols...at the moment they
> are not installed. I believe we should wait for me to finish
> ISWA-2007. Then I can post the whole ISWA-2007 on the web for
> download, under the OFL License, and also update the IMWA to include
> these improvements, in case someone wants to use the IMWA in the future.
What symbols that are currently in the IMWA will not be in the ISWA?
Thanks for all of your help and support.

Jonathan