Diagrams for SignWriting terms Rotation and Wrist Flex

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jul 8 12:24:22 UTC 2007

THIS works much better.  It is not the ARM that is locked in place, it is the WRIST that is locked or not locked in place.  Some people's arms do rotate, but everyone agrees that the wrist moves.

That definition works.

Thanks for being persistent.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM> wrote: SignWriting List
July 7, 2007

On Jul 7, 2007, at 7:47 PM, Adam Frost wrote:
> You could probably use this with it so that it is a little more
> visual. I just tweaked the line drawing a little. :-)
> Adam

I love this new diagram, Adam! Thank you. And your definition is
exactly the way the symbols were designed. This is the SignWriting
definition of what a Rotation is, and what a Wrist Flex is....So this
is a good diagram to place in the instruction for these symbols.

Thank you!

I have added the title for each kind of motion to the top of the
paragraph in red... (illustrations still by Steve Parkhurst ;-)

And I realize that others might use these words differently, but what
is important is to understand what the SignWriting terminology
means...Here it is: