bent rake

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 10 21:25:55 UTC 2007

I agree, Adam; I like the way Cherie wrote it and I probably would have done pretty much the same thing if I'd been writing it!  I did the rotation/flex combination just to see how it looked, but like I said, I'd rather do the two hand positions myself. :-)KJ> To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu> Subject: Re: [sw-l] bent rake> From: icemandeaf at gmail.com> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:18:17 +0000> > Kelly Jo, > To answer you question, you used the right symbol for the rotation. However, I think that the way Cheire wrote it was perfect. Totally simple and easy to read. I think the reason Val said before to only use the flex is because having both there is too complex. It may be ok for research, but for a children's story (or any everyday writing for that matter)  wouldn't be a good idea. :-)> > Adam> > -----Original Message-----> From: "K.J. Boal" <kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM>> > Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:06:53 > To:sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu> Subject: RE: [sw-l] bent rake> > > I think you're right, Cherie, it is both the way you signed it.  For a movement that complex, I probably would just write the beginning and ending positions!  The only other option I see would be to write both kinds of symbols (a rotation inward and a wrist flex down), something like the attached; but beginning and ending positions are probably easier to read.  (Incidentally, Val & Adam, did I use the right rotation symbol???  I meant it to trace the path of the pinky, which is why I placed it where I did.)> > > > > ----------------> To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu> Subject: [sw-l] bent rake> From: CWren at doe.k12.ga.us> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:15:21 -0400> >  > I truly don't mean to stir the puddin'....  but I need help with this sign.  I am seeing it as a wrist flex AND a rotation, but well, we all know now how I see things just a little off...  I will just write starting and ending positions for now, but what do you think the movement is for this sign? >  > >  --------------------------------->  Cherie Wren>  GSD Staff Interpreter>  232 Perry Farm Rd>  Cave Spring, GA 30124>  706-777-2328>  706-766-0766 Cell>  >  This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.> > ----------------> Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more! > >