Tipping the hat

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 11 18:17:53 UTC 2007

I don't know about the timing; I think it's okay . . . but I think the arrows would look better if they were both hooked in the same direction.  Unless the bow travels from left to right as well as back and forth?  To me, the end position of the "forward" arrow and the beginning position of the "back" arrow are two different positions as they're written.Just one more comment, and I'm probably way off base here . . . I feel like the shoulder movement in the "tip of the hat" actually begins with the head; that it's more of an extra-large head nod than a bow from the shoulders or waist.  I know I'd find the head movement easier to read, too, since everything else is up on the top of the head.  When I first looked at the sign, I didn't even notice the shoulders (seriously! you were asking about the torso movement and I had to specifically look for it!); but I know I'd notice a head-nod arrow.  Like I say, I'm probably totally wrong so feel free to correct me!KJTo: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.eduSubject: [sw-l] Tipping the hatFrom: CWren at doe.k12.ga.usDate: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:01:26 -0400
I have timing issues with this sign.
 The baby-X touches the forehead, then arcs forward.  AT the
same time, the torso bends forward.  Then the baby-X arcs back, at
the same time the body bends back into upright position, ending with a
second touch on the head.  Is this writing conveying the sequence
accurately?

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained
herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential information. If
you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately,
and delete it from your system.
Explore the seven wonders of the world