writing La-La-La mouth movement

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Jul 12 14:43:14 UTC 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 6:28 AM, CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:
> .....The 'la-la-la' tongue action is continuous...

Hi Cherie -
What an exciting document...and good for the writing system to see
how to write all these unusual situations...

Regarding the La La La movement of the tongue...maybe Stefan can help
us here....

If I were writing it by hand, I would place the little Up-Down
trembling line next to the tongue touching the roof of the mouth, but
those little mouth-movement symbols, such as the tiny trembling line,
and others like the tiny strike symbols used for other movements like
biting of teeth...those little symbols are not available at the
moment as extra symbols you can place anywhere...so I will try to add
them to the ISWA so you can create more dynamic mouth and tongue
movements in the future...

For right now, you have chosen the only one that was available to
you. Technically, it means that the tongue is in the center of the
mouth and it is moving up and down, but that was the best choice
since that is all we have right now...