Rotation Symbols

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Jul 6 14:41:10 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
July 6, 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 4:40 AM, CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:
> I had wondered why other things had rotations, but not the
> rotations...  ::grin::    I like them.

That's interesting, Cherie. Thanks for telling me. You and Charles
seem to like them...

They follow the exact angle of the forearm. For me, at least, they
seem visually more connected to the way the signer produced the sign.
Of course that is a detailed issue for people using the ISWA for
detailed writing, but it would be nice to have them available at
least, for researchers or those who use Movement Writing for some
reason...it was just a thought...

And it would not change anyone's teaching methods...People writing
for everyday use can completely ignore them...

Anyway, thanks for your feedback!  Val ;-)