Cat in the Hat 1

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 6 18:59:07 UTC 2007

I'd like that too . . . figuring out where to put those timing symbols can be a real pain sometimes!And opposite-facing arrows wouldn't need a timing symbol showing "alternating movement"either, would they?KJTo: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.eduSubject: Re: [sw-l] Cat in the Hat 1From: CWren at doe.k12.ga.usDate: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 14:31:16 -0400
[[Yes...Years ago we all had thought we would not
need those
Simultaneous Lines in most cases, because we could "assume" at
least
within ASL, that the movement was simultaneous unless otherwise
stated...but we never made a real rule related to that issue...]]

I was wondering about that, because
I sure use a lot of them!  If we assume it to be simultaneous unless
otherwise noted, that would make things easier.

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained
herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential information. If
you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately,
and delete it from your system.

"Valerie Sutton"
<signwriting at MAC.COM>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
07/06/2007 02:06 PM

Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] Cat in the Hat 1

SignWriting List
July 6, 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 10:52 AM, Adam Frost wrote:
> Actually, I am referring to the continuous timing symbol that are

> the arcs. Look like (, but not on the side in most of these cases.
;-)

Oh wow...you are right I misunderstood you...you mean the Same-Time
or Simultaneous Lines? Those are timing symbols...you are correct!

Please excuse ;-))

Yes...Years ago we all had thought we would not need those
Simultaneous Lines in most cases, because we could "assume" at
least
within ASL, that the movement was simultaneous unless otherwise
stated...but we never made a real rule related to that issue...

We could state that if we do not use them, we assume that it is
Simultaneous...smile...that actually would simplify the writing for
everyday use...