Existing lessons teaching Rotation & Wrist Flexes

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Jul 8 00:21:03 UTC 2007

On Jul 7, 2007, at 4:52 PM, K.J. Boal wrote:
> No offense, Val, but most people won't "really read the pages
> carefully
> again and  again"... that's probably one of the reasons there's so
> much
> confusion!  And I had assumed that the SignoEscritura Textbook was
> written in Spanish, so when I was trying to teach myself SW, I didn't
> even look at it.  I've looked at the pages you just sent over the
> List,
> though, and I really like them!
> KJ

Of course I know that, Kelly Jo. Most people do not read manuals. I
do not take offense at that at all...

But you are giving yourself unnecessary frustration if you do not
read them...

It is a shame you are not using the SignoEscritura textbook! Find
Steve and Dianne Parkhurst at SIL immediately and ask to purchase a
copy of their English version, and please tell them that I am
planning to telephone them shortly...

And you can download almost the complete English textbook...one
chapter at a time, right now on the web. It is excellent:

SignoEscritura in English
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/Spanish.html

It has been available in English for several years on my web sites,
and also available from the Parkhursts for more years than that.
Stefan used their English book to learn SignWriting...a lot of people
do. I would love to sell it for them on our web site, but that is my
fault...I haven't asked them if they want that, but please tell them
that they would be helping the SignWriting community so much, if we
could...and we can talk about it...whatever they want...

Maybe others would understand the Rotation Symbols better if they
read the SignoEscritura textbook...

Sometimes, once in a long while, I read manuals, and find the answers
to my questions...and it makes me feel so much better!

To access all the Lessons file easily, go to:

Lessons in SignWriting
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons

and click on Number 3, Lessons Books...