Diagrams for SignWriting terms Rotation and Wrist Flex

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Jul 8 15:05:32 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
July 8, 2007

> On Jul 8, 2007, at 5:24 AM, Charles Butler wrote:
>> THIS works much better.  It is not the ARM that is locked in
>> place, it is the WRIST that is locked or not locked in place.
>> Some people's arms do rotate, but everyone agrees that the wrist
>> moves.  That definition works. Thanks for being persistent. Charles

Hello Charles and Everyone!

You are very welcome.

The wrist is either locked or unlocked. I am glad this helps. It was
always true, I just didn't know how to explain it in a spoken language!

And it is I who thanks Adam, for this excellent diagram, combined
with Steve Parkhurst's illustrations. It is very helpful!