Cheries videos of Rotisserie Movement

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Jul 9 18:39:18 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
July 9, 2007

On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Adam Frost wrote:
> So Cherie's original writing of WOW and DANCE that Charles showed
> from SignPuddle are a correct spelling? Because the last video that
> you sent to the list Rotisserie2.wmv is this movement.

NO! It is NOT this movement on the video. It is totally different...

First, Cherie's movement on the Cat in the Hat video TRAVELED!
Rotisserie Movements DO NOT TRAVEL!!!

Cherie's movement on the Rotisserie2 video DID NOT TRAVEL! So that
was a Rotisserie Movement, but Cherie's sign for WOW traveled...two
different signs...

Second, the sign for DANCE is NOT the movement that Cherie showed in
the second Rotisserie2 video...Cherie's Rotisserie 2 changed palm
facings, but DANCE does NOT change palm facings!

Adam, you have been teaching the symbols 100 per cent correctly in
the past. The fact that the Rotisserie Pole can be bent at the end
does not change all that you have already taught correctly...

Please don't change on me now...

I am starting to become physically ill from this and have to rest now...

If Cherie could make a third little video now, where the forearm is
forward, but the Wrist twists the fingers to point to the reader, and
then the wrist flexes the other direction so the fingers are pointing
away from the reader, and there is no turning over of the palm
facing, but the palm facing remains the same, but the palm does not
change, then you will have wrist movement...

I am turning off my computer now...I cannot drink alcohol, but a rest
will help -