Vals report...ISWA, SW Literature, Skype, videophones

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jun 26 20:38:27 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
June 26, 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 8:05 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> Fixing up the palms was on my to do list too.  But you got it
> first!!!! Will you replace them in the current IMWA or wait until
> the ISWA is released?  That had to have been a lot of work!!!

Wow! I had no idea you were planning to do that busy work for
us...that was a kind thought on your part, Jonathan....thank you for
that gift of the heart ;-)

I am glad I got it finished for your sake! It was a huge job and I
worked non-stop on it for all of June basically...that was why I was
so silent on the List for a long time ;-)

I am glad I did that job because some of the symbols needed to be
cleaned up...some of the symbols had been whitened one way, and then
others had been done another way, and they were not consistent...so
at least I was able to finish the job and clean up the mess so now
they are all consistent in the method used...

So your time can now be better spent on more important things, like
writing your Golden Rule document...I am sorry I have not given you
feedback on that and i will try to do that in the future...

smile

As far as installing the newly whitened symbols...at the moment they
are not installed. I believe we should wait for me to finish
ISWA-2007. Then I can post the whole ISWA-2007 on the web for
download, under the OFL License, and also update the IMWA to include
these improvements, in case someone wants to use the IMWA in the future.

Then Steve has the big job of installing it into SignPuddle 1.5...so
it may not be until September or October before it is
available...maybe sooner...we will see!

Thanks for all your message, Jonathan!