Any objection to the OFL?

Wed Jun 6 21:23:15 UTC 2007

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the confusion of terms.  When I used the phrase "symbol sets"
I was referring to the specific PNG and SVG files.  I should have used
the term font.  I'd love to see additional styles for the SignWriting
symbols.  As long as the new font is a new creation, it can be under
whatever license their creator wishes.  If the new font is a
modification of an OFL font, it may only be released under the OFL.

It may be a little confusing to label a collection of PNGs as a font.
However, 2 matters to consider.  First, we are using the PNGs as a
font.  Second, we are heading in the direction of a proper font with
Unicode support.

When I was discussing the matter on the OFL list, this topic came up.
We agreed that the PNGs can be considered a font.  There was general
support for a release under the OFL.  There was even talk about an
article on Linux.com about the news.

Regards,
-Steve