Swedish SignPuddle Dictionary

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Jun 27 00:33:17 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
June 26, 2007

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> This reminds me. We have a Swedish Deaf person here too. She was
> wondering if there was a different dictionary for Sweden?  I think
> she was looking in the Norwegian SignPuddle.

Yes! We do. Go to:

SignPuddle Directory
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

and click on the Swedish flag... I realize we all don't know each
flag and I will be improving that, but I am sure your friend from
Sweden knows the Swedish flag anyway... It is on the bottom row of
flags in this attached diagram, third from the left...it is blue with
a gold cross...

The Norwegian User Interface is being used right now, for three
countries: Norway, Sweden and Denmark, since the three spoken
languages are very close to each other and they oftentimes understand
each other....we can always make a separate Swedish User Interface if
your friend is interested in helping translate the icons...

But she can start adding Swedish signs into the Swedish SignPuddle
immediately -